- Kyoto Animation fire: Suspect 'spotted in area' days before July 20, 2019The man suspected of a deadly arson attack in Kyoto may have visited the site before, reports say.
- Tanker seizure: Jeremy Hunt warns Iran against choosing 'dangerous path' July 20, 2019The foreign secretary says Iran may be engaging in "illegal and destabilising behaviour" in the Gulf.
- Emanuela Orlandi case: Vatican attempts new search to solve mystery July 20, 2019Two burial chambers will be examined in the search for a teenager, missing since 1983.
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China July 20, 2019The 64-year-old was attacked while speaking at a promotional event in the city of Zhongshan.
- César Pelli: Architect of Malaysia's Petronas Towers dies at 92 July 20, 2019César Pelli designed some of the world's most famous buildings including London's Canary Wharf Tower.
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia as tensions with Iran grow July 20, 2019The deployment of soldiers and fighter jets comes amid heightened tensions with Iran in the Gulf.
- Benjamin Netanyahu becomes Israel's longest-serving leader July 20, 2019Benjamin Netanyahu breaks the record set by Israel's founding father, but he faces an uncertain future.
- Polish abuse scandal: Victims take on the Catholic Church July 20, 2019Allegations of appalling abuse involving priests have shaken the trust of many Poles in the Church.
- The final 13 minutes before the Moon landing July 19, 2019The minutes before landing were tense, as fuel ran low and connections were lost between the lunar module and mission control.
- Amazon deforestation: Brazil's Bolsonaro dismisses data as 'lies' July 19, 2019The Brazilian president accuses the national space agency of exaggerating the scale of deforestation.
- Novel illuminates life of poet Elizabeth Bishop - Virginian-Pilot July 20, 2019Novel illuminates life of poet Elizabeth Bishop Virginian-Pilot"You have to trust in the chaos of things," Elizabeth Bishop tells a profess […]
- Pope Francis imposes sanctions on US bishop - Vatican News July 20, 2019Pope Francis imposes sanctions on US bishop Vatican NewsPope Francis has imposed disciplinary measures against Bishop Michael Bransfield, following a […]
- Mariners' Braden Bishop: Making progress in recent days - CBSSports.com July 20, 2019Mariners' Braden Bishop: Making progress in recent days CBSSports.comBishop (chest/spleen) has progressed to hitting in the cage and playing cat […]
- Mexico: Bishop Says Life Sentence For 'El Chapo' Is Just - Eurasia Review July 20, 2019Mexico: Bishop Says Life Sentence For 'El Chapo' Is Just Eurasia ReviewBy David Ramos. The bishop of one of Mexico's most violent area […]
- Bishop’s Scholarship goes to Grand Terrace girl from Sacred Heart Academy in Redlands - Press-Enterprise July 20, 2019Bishop’s Scholarship goes to Grand Terrace girl from Sacred Heart Academy in Redlands Press-EnterpriseVictoria Bacon of Grand Terrace, who recently g […]
- BISHOPS EMBRACING SLOTH–MISTAKES OF THE BISHOPS PART THREE - Patheos July 20, 2019BISHOPS EMBRACING SLOTH–MISTAKES OF THE BISHOPS PART THREE PatheosThe worst mistake the bishops made in the sexual abuse crisis was their slothful in […]
- Liberal Villanova prof calls three faithful bishops ‘devout schismatics’ - Lifesite July 20, 2019Liberal Villanova prof calls three faithful bishops ‘devout schismatics’ LifesiteHistorian Massimo Faggioli claims Archbishops Charles Chaput and Sal […]
- Tucson Bishop Supports Catholics Arrested at US Capitol For Protesting Treatment of Migrant Children - KAWC July 19, 2019Tucson Bishop Supports Catholics Arrested at US Capitol For Protesting Treatment of Migrant Children KAWCThe bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of […]
- Bishop concerned for future of St. Angela Merici Church, $1.3M in debt - Windsor Star July 19, 2019Bishop concerned for future of St. Angela Merici Church, $1.3M in debt Windsor StarSt. Angela Merici church and hall ran a deficit of $131000 last ye […]
- Did Apollo 11 mission make Orlando's founding bishop the bishop of moon? - Catholic News Service July 19, 2019Did Apollo 11 mission make Orlando's founding bishop the bishop of moon? Catholic News ServiceBALTIMORE (CNS) -- Did Apollo 11 mission make Arch […]
Cadesha Bishop, 25, is charged with murder after police identified her as the woman seen on video pushing an elderly man off a bus in Las Vegas. Police say the confrontation happened on March 21, 2019. Police released surveillance video of the incident on May 14 and have asked witnesses to come forward.
The victim, identified as Serge Fournier, fell on his head and died from his injuries on April 23. He was 74 years old. Bishop pushed him after he told her to “be nicer” to other passengers, according to a police report cited by NBC affiliate KSNV-TV.
Bishop was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center on May 6, according to inmate records. Online records also show that Bishop had been arrested on battery charges twice before.
*Warning: The video of the incident, embedded below, may be disturbing.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. The Victim Reportedly Heard Cadesha Bishop Swearing & Urged Her to ‘Be Nicer’ to Others
On May 14, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department released surveillance video from the confrontation on the bus between Cadesha Bishop and Serge Fournier. It does not include audio.
In the video, you can see Bishop appear to be speaking though it’s unclear who she is addressing. Fournier is getting ready to get off the bus and moves slowly as he turns his walker toward the door. You can see him say something to Bishop. Witnesses told police that Bishop had been swearing at people on the bus, and Fournier told her to “be nicer to other passengers.”
2. Police: Bishop Was Seen on Video Shoving Serge Fournier as He Moved to Get Off the Bus; Investigators Are Asking Witnesses to Come Forward
Cadesha Bishop reacted quickly after Serge Fournier reportedly told her that she should be “nicer” to other people on the bus. The video shows the woman identified as Bishop, from two separate angles, shove Fournier off the bus using both hands.
He falls and lays still on the ground. Bishop does not offer assistance but instead turns and moves away from the door.
Homicide detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police want to speak with anyone who was present during this fatal confrontation. They are asking witnesses to call 702-828-3521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Serge Fournier Drove Himself to the Hospital & Died a Month Later Due to Injuries Sustained in the Attack
Serge Fournier did manage to get back up after being pushed off the bus. The Las Vegas Review-Journal, citing police, reported that Fournier was offered medical assistance at the scene but he declined. But a few hours later, Fournier checked himself into University Medical Center.
Friend Trevor Taylor told KSNV-TV that Fournier spent the final months of his life in the hospital. He passed away on April 23. Taylor described Fournier as a “wonderful person” and that he had been taking care of his disabled wife. Taylor said of Bishop, “No matter what his age, she should not have done that. People need a little more patience than what