- Billionaire Robert F Smith to pay entire US class's student debt May 19, 2019A US billionaire shocks graduating students in Atlanta by promising to pay off their student loans.
- Austin Eubanks: Columbine school shooting survivor found dead May 19, 2019Austin Eubanks, who became an advocate for fighting addiction, died at his Colorado home aged 37.
- Egypt explosion: Tourists on bus injured near Giza pyramids May 19, 2019At least 16 people are hurt near the Grand Egyptian Museum, South African tourists among them.
- Bomb targets tourist bus in Egypt May 19, 2019At least 16 people were hurt in the explosion near the Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza.
- Republican Justin Amash calls for Trump impeachment May 19, 2019Justin Amash is the first Republican congressman to call for the impeachment of the president.
- On-stage Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl disrupts Ghana music awards May 19, 2019The fight broke out when musician Shatta Wale mounted the stage after rival Stonebwoy was given a prize.
- India election 2019: Exit polls suggest Narendra Modi back as PM May 19, 2019Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party is seen on course to win the general election.
- Switzerland gun control: Voters back EU regulations May 19, 2019A referendum backs new gun restrictions, helping Switzerland avoid conflict with the European Union.
- Dutee Chand becomes first openly gay Indian athlete May 19, 2019Dutee Chand says she was encouraged to speak out after India decriminalised gay sex in 2018.
- Australian betting company pays out for wrong result May 19, 2019Australia's Sportsbet handed out A$1m to those betting on a Labor win, two days before the vote.
- First African-American Bishop of The Episcopal Church in Vermont elected - WCAX May 19, 2019First African-American Bishop of The Episcopal Church in Vermont elected WCAXEighteen months after Bishop Thomas Ely announced his retirement, the Ep […]
- On bishops transgender views, Catholic schools of thought differ - Worcester Telegram May 18, 2019On bishops transgender views, Catholic schools of thought differ Worcester TelegramWORCESTER - Catholic commentators last week offered differing pers […]
- Bishops remarks on transgenderism hurtful, offensive, Holy Cross deans say - Worcester Telegram May 18, 2019Bishops remarks on transgenderism hurtful, offensive, Holy Cross deans say Worcester TelegramBishop McManus, who plans to skip Holy Cross commencemen […]
- Bishop England gets Walk-Off Walk to win 3rd straight state championship - Live 5 News WCSC May 18, 2019Bishop England gets Walk-Off Walk to win 3rd straight state championship Live 5 News WCSCLEXINGTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Geoffrey Gilbert has won a lot of g […]
- Crescent falls to Bishop England in AAA baseball state championship - Anderson Independent Mail May 18, 2019Crescent falls to Bishop England in AAA baseball state championship Anderson Independent MailCrescent fell to Bishop England 4-3 to finish the season […]
- How Ben Bishop has a chance to bring the Stars their first Vezina Trophy even with a low number of games played - Dallas News May 18, 2019How Ben Bishop has a chance to bring the Stars their first Vezina Trophy even with a low number of games played Dallas NewsA month from Sunday, Stars […]
- US bishops 'gravely disappointed' with House passage of Equality Act - The Catholic Spirit May 18, 2019US bishops 'gravely disappointed' with House passage of Equality Act The Catholic SpiritFive U.S. bishops, chairmen of U.S. Conference of C […]
- Calif. bishops hope program gives survivors chance to heal, seek redress - Crux: Covering all things Catholic May 18, 2019Calif. bishops hope program gives survivors chance to heal, seek redress Crux: Covering all things CatholicThe Los Angeles Archdiocese and five other […]
- 'NCIS' Season 16 Finale: What 'Daughters' Means For Bishop And Torres Shippers - The Cheat Sheet May 18, 2019'NCIS' Season 16 Finale: What 'Daughters' Means For Bishop And Torres Shippers The Cheat Sheet"NCIS' fans should not ge […]
- Catholic bishop challenges Dallas police affidavit accuracy - Crux: Covering all things Catholic May 18, 2019Catholic bishop challenges Dallas police affidavit accuracy Crux: Covering all things CatholicThe Roman Catholic bishop of the Dallas diocese has cha […]
Cadesha Bishop, 25, is charged with murder after police identified her as the woman seen on video pushing an elderly man off a bus in Las Vegas. Police say the confrontation happened on March 21, 2019. Police released surveillance video of the incident on May 14 and have asked witnesses to come forward.
The victim, identified as Serge Fournier, fell on his head and died from his injuries on April 23. He was 74 years old. Bishop pushed him after he told her to “be nicer” to other passengers, according to a police report cited by NBC affiliate KSNV-TV.
Bishop was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center on May 6, according to inmate records. Online records also show that Bishop had been arrested on battery charges twice before.
*Warning: The video of the incident, embedded below, may be disturbing.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. The Victim Reportedly Heard Cadesha Bishop Swearing & Urged Her to ‘Be Nicer’ to Others
On May 14, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department released surveillance video from the confrontation on the bus between Cadesha Bishop and Serge Fournier. It does not include audio.
In the video, you can see Bishop appear to be speaking though it’s unclear who she is addressing. Fournier is getting ready to get off the bus and moves slowly as he turns his walker toward the door. You can see him say something to Bishop. Witnesses told police that Bishop had been swearing at people on the bus, and Fournier told her to “be nicer to other passengers.”
2. Police: Bishop Was Seen on Video Shoving Serge Fournier as He Moved to Get Off the Bus; Investigators Are Asking Witnesses to Come Forward
Cadesha Bishop reacted quickly after Serge Fournier reportedly told her that she should be “nicer” to other people on the bus. The video shows the woman identified as Bishop, from two separate angles, shove Fournier off the bus using both hands.
He falls and lays still on the ground. Bishop does not offer assistance but instead turns and moves away from the door.
Homicide detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police want to speak with anyone who was present during this fatal confrontation. They are asking witnesses to call 702-828-3521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Serge Fournier Drove Himself to the Hospital & Died a Month Later Due to Injuries Sustained in the Attack
Serge Fournier did manage to get back up after being pushed off the bus. The Las Vegas Review-Journal, citing police, reported that Fournier was offered medical assistance at the scene but he declined. But a few hours later, Fournier checked himself into University Medical Center.
Friend Trevor Taylor told KSNV-TV that Fournier spent the final months of his life in the hospital. He passed away on April 23. Taylor described Fournier as a “wonderful person” and that he had been taking care of his disabled wife. Taylor said of Bishop, “No matter what his age, she should not have done that. People need a little more patience than what