- Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli dies at 96 June 15, 2019He directed stars including Elizabeth Taylor and opera greats such as Maria Callas.
- Roadside bomb kills several police officers in east Kenya June 15, 2019No-one has admitted planting the explosives in east Wajir county, but suspicion falls on al-Shabab militants.
- Hong Kong suspension: Residents and lawmakers react June 15, 2019Residents and lawmakers have reacted to the recent suspension of the extradition law proposal.
- Gulf of Oman tanker attacks: Saudi Arabia urges 'decisive' response June 15, 2019The call follows Thursday's attack on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman, which the US blames on Iran.
- Seven die while cleaning hotel sewer in India's Gujarat June 15, 2019They died of asphyxiation after inhaling toxic fumes from the sewer in Fartikui, in western India.
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe begins new hunger strike June 15, 2019Her husband is also joining her in refusing food, as they demand her unconditional release in Iran.
- Hong Kong extradition protests: Government suspends bill June 15, 2019Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam expresses "deep sorrow" at deficiencies in her work, after mass protests.
- Amanda Knox feared attacks and accusations on return to Italy June 15, 2019Acquitted of Meredith Kercher's murder, Amanda Knox decries prejudice and trial by the media.
- Franco Zeffirelli - one of the greatest movie directors June 15, 2019Franco Zeffirelli's bold ideas and lavish productions made him one of the great post-war European directors.
- Sudan: Friends pay tribute to victim of Sudan protests June 15, 2019Social media profiles have been turning blue in tribute to Mohammad Mattar who was shot dead during protests in Sudan.
- Taiwanese companies hit by trade war lured back home by Taipei - South China Morning Post June 15, 2019Taiwanese companies hit by trade war lured back home by Taipei South China Morning Post'Invest Taiwan' offers low-cost loans, help finding […]
- China denies hit and run as pressure builds on Duterte to speak up - Reuters June 15, 2019China denies hit and run as pressure builds on Duterte to speak up ReutersChina has rejected Philippine allegations that a Chinese fishing vessel aba […]
- Seven companies get nod from China to export Musang King - Nation - The Star Online June 15, 2019Seven companies get nod from China to export Musang King - Nation The Star OnlineJOHOR BARU: The government has identified 14 local companies conside […]
- China's largest-ever Picasso exhibition opens - CNA June 15, 2019China's largest-ever Picasso exhibition opens CNAThe largest Picasso exhibition ever held in China opens on Saturday, featuring more than 100 wo […]
- Hong Kong unrest alarms Taiwan with wary eye on China - CNA June 15, 2019Hong Kong unrest alarms Taiwan with wary eye on China CNAHong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam announces China extradition bill is suspended CNBCThe […]
- China landslide sweeps cars away as floods kill dozens – video - The Guardian June 15, 2019China landslide sweeps cars away as floods kill dozens – video The GuardianA landslide sweeps across a road in China's Fujian province, in the s […]
- Jurors hear recording of suspect describing how he killed scholar from China - New York Post June 15, 2019Jurors hear recording of suspect describing how he killed scholar from China New York Post The (Champaign) News-Gazette reports that the recording of […]
- Two missing after Southern China bridge collapses into river - 9News June 14, 2019Two missing after Southern China bridge collapses into river 9NewsAn entire section of a roadway bridge has plunged into a wide river in southern Chi […]
- China’s invisible hand in the Middle East - Haaretz June 14, 2019China’s invisible hand in the Middle East HaaretzThe new capital that Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sissi is building near Cairo is already know […]
- U.S., others object to U.N. counterterrorism chief visit to China's Xinjiang - Reuters June 14, 2019U.S., others object to U.N. counterterrorism chief visit to China's Xinjiang ReutersThe United States and other western countries have objected […]
To mark the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre, Four Corners has carefully pieced together vision and audio captured by ABC reporters and crew that show how the events unfolded in the Spring of 1989.
This condensed version of ‘Tremble and Obey’ presents an incredible trove of footage from the ABC’s archive and shows scenes of joy and optimism on the streets of China that have not been seen since the Communist Party’s brutal killing of its own people 30 years ago.
The full film, Tremble and Obey, includes interviews with many of the key participants of the protest movement who were subsequently placed on China’s ‘most wanted’ list. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mePptwTzn0
Read more about this story here: https://ab.co/315g48w
Watch more Four Corners investigations here: https://bit.ly/2JbpMkf
You can also like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abc4corners/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/4corners
And sign up to our newsletter: https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/newsletter/