- Sudan transition: Abdalla Hamdok appointed new prime minister August 21, 2019It's the latest move designed to bring about civilian rule and end months of political strife.
- What is 'blobology' and how is it transforming biology? August 21, 2019Spectacular images from a new microscope spark a "revolution" in biology
- Khachaturyan sisters who killed father touch Russian hearts August 21, 2019The case of the teenage Khachaturyan sisters stirs Russian anger over domestic abuse.
- Ugandan war survivors partnered with therapy dogs August 21, 2019A scheme in Uganda partner dogs with war survivors to help them overcome trauma.
- Being Muslim in Myanmar August 21, 2019Since the Rohingya crisis erupted in 2012, some Muslims in Myanmar say they face more discrimination.
- Florida panthers are struggling to walk and no one knows why August 21, 2019A mysterious brain condition could mean the animals in the US state of Florida can't walk properly
- Amazon fires: President Jair Bolsonaro suggests NGOs to blame August 21, 2019Jair Bolsonaro says NGOs may be setting fires in the Amazon to embarrass the government after they cut funding, despite offering no evidence.
- President Trump: 'I am the chosen one' August 21, 2019Discussing the China trade war, President Trump looks up to the sky and strikes a man-of-destiny tone.
- Three ways Trump could juice US economy August 21, 2019Amid concerns of an economic recession, the White House has considered several emergency measures.
- US moves to abolish child migrant custody limits August 21, 2019Migrant families crossing the southern border of the US illegally could now be detained indefinitely.
- China's arrest of a Hong Kong man puts spotlight on a controversial shared rail station - CNN August 22, 2019China's arrest of a Hong Kong man puts spotlight on a controversial shared rail station CNNChina Acknowledges Holding an Employee of U.K.’s Hong […]
- A trade war with Europe would be larger and more damaging than Washington's spat with China - CNBC August 22, 2019A trade war with Europe would be larger and more damaging than Washington's spat with China CNBCExperts believe a wider spat with Europe would b […]
- South China Sea: Scott Morrison’s visit to Vietnam overshadowed by China - NEWS.com.au August 22, 2019South China Sea: Scott Morrison’s visit to Vietnam overshadowed by China NEWS.com.auScott Morrison is travelling to Vietnam today for a crucial stopo […]
- Russia, China seek Security Council meeting after US missile test - Aljazeera.com August 22, 2019Russia, China seek Security Council meeting after US missile test Aljazeera.comMoscow and Beijing warn of 'threats to international peace and se […]
- Iran Would Love to Buy These Three Fighter Jets from Russia and China - The National Interest Online August 21, 2019Iran Would Love to Buy These Three Fighter Jets from Russia and China The National Interest OnlineThe Iranian air force on paper is one of the bigges […]
- News Wrap: China urges U.S. to make a deal to end trade war - PBS NewsHour August 21, 2019News Wrap: China urges U.S. to make a deal to end trade war PBS NewsHourIn our news wrap Wednesday, China said its trade war with the U.S. is hurting […]
- China’s two-child policy linked to 5 million extra babies in 18 months - New Scientist News August 21, 2019China’s two-child policy linked to 5 million extra babies in 18 months New Scientist NewsA Chinese government policy allowing all couples to have two […]
- China’s Type 075 helicopter ship nears completion, amateur pictures show - South China Morning Post August 21, 2019China’s Type 075 helicopter ship nears completion, amateur pictures show South China Morning PostPictures taken by military enthusiasts earlier this […]
- China’s regions hit by infrastructure spending downturn - Financial Times August 21, 2019China’s regions hit by infrastructure spending downturn Financial TimesIn one of China's poorest provinces, mountainous Guizhou, millions of liv […]
- Activists hail Qatar withdrawal from pro-China text over Uighurs - Aljazeera.com August 21, 2019Activists hail Qatar withdrawal from pro-China text over Uighurs Aljazeera.comDoha last month reportedly informed UN of decision to remove name from […]
To mark the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre, Four Corners has carefully pieced together vision and audio captured by ABC reporters and crew that show how the events unfolded in the Spring of 1989.
This condensed version of ‘Tremble and Obey’ presents an incredible trove of footage from the ABC’s archive and shows scenes of joy and optimism on the streets of China that have not been seen since the Communist Party’s brutal killing of its own people 30 years ago.
The full film, Tremble and Obey, includes interviews with many of the key participants of the protest movement who were subsequently placed on China’s ‘most wanted’ list. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mePptwTzn0
Read more about this story here: https://ab.co/315g48w
Watch more Four Corners investigations here: https://bit.ly/2JbpMkf
You can also like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abc4corners/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/4corners
And sign up to our newsletter: https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/newsletter/