- Trump approves $8bn Saudi weapons sale over Iran tensions May 25, 2019The president evokes a legal loophole to push through the arms deal without Congressional approval.
- US judge blocks funds for Trump border wall plan May 25, 2019The move temporarily halts the use of $1bn of defence department funds in Arizona and Texas.
- Venezuelan prison clashes leave 29 inmates dead May 25, 2019At least 19 police officers were also wounded in the violence in Portuguesa state, authorities say.
- India tuition class fire kills at least 19 students May 25, 2019Footage shows teenagers falling and jumping from the blaze in the city of Surat in Gujarat state.
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m' May 25, 2019The film producer reached a deal with women who say he sexually abused them, his lawyers tell media.
- Boston museum sorry for racist 'no watermelons' remark May 24, 2019A teacher accuses staff at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston of racism towards her pupils.
- ICYMI: Gardening goats and cute tiger cubs May 24, 2019Some of the stories you may have missed this week.
- Gay rights in Kenya: 'Why our fight isn't over' May 24, 2019A Kenyan campaigner says he won't be deterred by a court ruling that upheld a ban on gay sex.
- Why Charlie Brooker says the news is copying Black Mirror May 24, 2019The Netflix series writer, Charlie Brooker, jokes he and executive producer Annabel Jones should sue "the news".
- Jayme Closs case: Man gets life for murder and kidnapping May 24, 2019The 13-year-old was discovered 88 days after Jake Patterson killed her parents and kidnapped her.
- Art from paralympic athlete unveiled - KOAA 5 May 25, 2019Art from paralympic athlete unveiled KOAA 5COLORADO SPRINGS – A landmark day at the Olympic Training Center, as a new piece of art was unveiled. Five […]
- Federal judge blocks Trump from using Defense funds for parts of border wall - CNN May 25, 2019Federal judge blocks Trump from using Defense funds for parts of border wall CNNA federal judge on Friday night blocked President Donald Trump from t […]
- After change in plans, recruit from Dallas plans to join Nebraska volleyball team one year early - Lincoln Journal Star May 25, 2019After change in plans, recruit from Dallas plans to join Nebraska volleyball team one year early Lincoln Journal StarYes, this is all a little bit cr […]
- Two banned from Museum of Fine Arts after students, teachers face racial slurs - WCVB Boston May 25, 2019Two banned from Museum of Fine Arts after students, teachers face racial slurs WCVB BostonTwo people have been banned from the Museum of Fine Arts af […]
- MO love for the Blues: Fandom spreads from St. Louis to the Ozarks and beyond - OzarksFirst.com May 25, 2019MO love for the Blues: Fandom spreads from St. Louis to the Ozarks and beyond OzarksFirst.comSPRINGFIELD, Mo.-- This weekend, Rev. Keith Pyles is tru […]
- FAA brings new scrutiny to San Antonio’s polarizing vote to bar Chick-fil-A from airport - San Antonio Express-News May 25, 2019FAA brings new scrutiny to San Antonio’s polarizing vote to bar Chick-fil-A from airport San Antonio Express-NewsThe Federal Aviation Administration […]
- Tres Tinkle announces he's withdrawing from NBA Draft, returning to Oregon State for senior season - OregonLive May 25, 2019Tres Tinkle announces he's withdrawing from NBA Draft, returning to Oregon State for senior season OregonLiveTinkle averaged 20.8 points, 8.3 re […]
- Technology and politics Huawei has been cut off from American technology - The Economist May 25, 2019Technology and politics Huawei has been cut off from American technology The EconomistAMERICA IS NO fan of Huawei. Its officials have spent months wa […]
- 12 Inside Stories on Kevin Durant, Warriors From Author Marcus Thompson II - Good Times Weekly May 24, 201912 Inside Stories on Kevin Durant, Warriors From Author Marcus Thompson II Good Times WeeklyJournalist and author Marcus Thompson II stopped by Books […]
- 3 Key Things From NVIDIA's Q1 Earnings Call That Investors Should Know - Motley Fool May 24, 20193 Key Things From NVIDIA's Q1 Earnings Call That Investors Should Know Motley FoolGaming laptops and AI inferencing were bright spots in the GPU […]
Ben Zobrist was granted a “leave of absence due to personal reasons” last week and was placed on the Cubs’ restricted list
Julianna Zobrist, wife of Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist, has filed for divorce, according to Cook County records.
No reason was given in the documents, but the petition for a dissolution of marriage was filed Monday, the records show.
Meanwhile, the Cubs star filed a complaint for legal separation in Tennessee accusing his wife of “inappropriate marital conduct.”
Ben Zobrist was granted a “leave of absence due to personal reasons” last week and was placed on the Cubs’ restricted list. He also missed the start of the team’s spring training in February for an “excused absence,” though it remains unclear if either is connected to the divorce proceedings.
“I texted with him the other day, reminded him how much I care about him, and about how much we miss him,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon told the Chicago Sun-Times before the team’s Tuesday game in Cincinnati.
Julianna Zobrist, a professional singer who has previously sung the national anthem at Cubs games and also performed at a 2016 World Series game at Wrigley Field, hired Berger Schatz attorney Karen Krehbiel to represent her in the matter.
The Chicago Tribune reports Krehbiel also represented Chicago billionaire Kenneth Griffin in his divorce from Anne Dias Griffin in 2014. Krehbiel’s office declined to comment on the matter.
The couple has been married for 14 years and has three children together.
The news comes just days after social media users noticed that Julianna Zobrist had deleted her Twitter account, and that she had deleted numerous photos from her Instagram profile that featured her husband.