- Cardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions August 20, 2019Pell, the most senior Catholic cleric to be convicted of sexual abuse, will serve the rest of his six-year sentence.
- Amazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns August 20, 2019Brazil's space research agency says fires in the rainforest rose 83%, amid increased deforestation.
- George Pell: Cardinal to learn outcome of abuse conviction appeal August 20, 2019The ex-Vatican treasurer is challenging his convictions for sexually abusing two boys in Australia.
- Sudan conflict: Army and civilians form sovereign council August 20, 2019Six civilians and five army officers will be in charge during a transition to civilian rule.
- Trump considers new tax cut to boost US economy August 20, 2019The US president confirms that a temporary payroll cut tax could be introduced.
- Kashmir: Pakistan to seek International Court of Justice ruling August 20, 2019It plans to take its dispute with India over the territory to to the International Court of Justice.
- Italy government crisis: PM Conte quits amid coalition row August 20, 2019Giuseppe Conte's resignation came after he accused his coalition partner of being "irresponsible".
- Gone with the Wind: Dozens of mattresses blown away in outdoor cinema mishap August 20, 2019Dozens of air mattresses end up gone with the wind before an outdoor movie night in Colorado.
- Julien Gauthier: Grizzly bear kills soundgathering musician August 20, 2019Julien Gauthier had planned to canoe down Canada's Mackenzie River to record sounds of nature.
- Robert De Niro's ex-aide sued for misusing funds and 'TV bingeing' August 20, 2019The actor's company claims the aide spent "astronomical amounts of time" watching Netflix at work.
- The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space - USA TODAY August 21, 2019The Amazon is burning and smoke from the fires can be seen from space USA TODAYForest fires in the Amazon are generating smoke that can be seen from […]
- Former Epstein cellmate requests prison transfer, claiming 'deplorable' conditions, threats from guards - Fox News August 21, 2019Former Epstein cellmate requests prison transfer, claiming 'deplorable' conditions, threats from guards Fox NewsAn ex-cop facing the death […]
- Two tigers seized from traffickers every week, report finds - The Guardian August 20, 2019Two tigers seized from traffickers every week, report finds The GuardianClosure of tiger farms among urgent steps needed to protect species, wildlife […]
- Mobile County official vows to remove I-10 toll project from transportation plans - AL.com August 20, 2019Mobile County official vows to remove I-10 toll project from transportation plans AL.comMobile County Commissioner Jerry Carl, during a news conferen […]
- 'Coming to You Live From the Electoral College,' Ocasio-Cortez Explains Why System That Perpetuates Inequality Is a Scam - Common Dreams August 20, 2019'Coming to You Live From the Electoral College,' Ocasio-Cortez Explains Why System That Perpetuates Inequality Is a Scam Common DreamsRep. […]
- Larry King files for divorce from Shawn King - Page Six August 20, 2019Larry King files for divorce from Shawn King Page SixLarry King and Shawn King are calling it quits after almost 22 years of marriage. […]
- Bears now tied for best odds to reach Super Bowl from NFC - NBCSports.com August 20, 2019Bears now tied for best odds to reach Super Bowl from NFC NBCSports.comThe Bears haven't shown what their 2019 starters can do yet this preseaso […]
- Syrian Government On The Verge Of Taking Back Important Town From Rebels In Civil War - NPR August 20, 2019Syrian Government On The Verge Of Taking Back Important Town From Rebels In Civil War NPRAn important rebel city falls in Syria as the government […]
- Was the US Congress Originally Paid Per Diem to Prevent Them from Raising Their Salaries? - Snopes.com August 20, 2019Was the US Congress Originally Paid Per Diem to Prevent Them from Raising Their Salaries? Snopes.comMembers of the U.S. Congress were initially paid […]
- Buford native missing for more than 6 weeks from middle Georgia - 11Alive.com WXIA August 20, 2019Buford native missing for more than 6 weeks from middle Georgia 11Alive.com WXIADUBLIN, Ga. — An Atlanta mother says her son, a 43-year-old native of […]
Ben Zobrist was granted a “leave of absence due to personal reasons” last week and was placed on the Cubs’ restricted list
Julianna Zobrist, wife of Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist, has filed for divorce, according to Cook County records.
No reason was given in the documents, but the petition for a dissolution of marriage was filed Monday, the records show.
Meanwhile, the Cubs star filed a complaint for legal separation in Tennessee accusing his wife of “inappropriate marital conduct.”
Ben Zobrist was granted a “leave of absence due to personal reasons” last week and was placed on the Cubs’ restricted list. He also missed the start of the team’s spring training in February for an “excused absence,” though it remains unclear if either is connected to the divorce proceedings.
“I texted with him the other day, reminded him how much I care about him, and about how much we miss him,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon told the Chicago Sun-Times before the team’s Tuesday game in Cincinnati.
Julianna Zobrist, a professional singer who has previously sung the national anthem at Cubs games and also performed at a 2016 World Series game at Wrigley Field, hired Berger Schatz attorney Karen Krehbiel to represent her in the matter.
The Chicago Tribune reports Krehbiel also represented Chicago billionaire Kenneth Griffin in his divorce from Anne Dias Griffin in 2014. Krehbiel’s office declined to comment on the matter.
The couple has been married for 14 years and has three children together.
The news comes just days after social media users noticed that Julianna Zobrist had deleted her Twitter account, and that she had deleted numerous photos from her Instagram profile that featured her husband.