- Cardinal George Pell loses appeal against sexual abuse convictions August 20, 2019Pell, the most senior Catholic cleric to be convicted of sexual abuse, will serve the rest of his six-year sentence.
- Amazon fires: Brazilian rainforest burning at record rate, space agency warns August 20, 2019Brazil's space research agency says fires in the rainforest rose 83%, amid increased deforestation.
- George Pell: Cardinal to learn outcome of abuse conviction appeal August 20, 2019The ex-Vatican treasurer is challenging his convictions for sexually abusing two boys in Australia.
- Sudan conflict: Army and civilians form sovereign council August 20, 2019Six civilians and five army officers will be in charge during a transition to civilian rule.
- Trump considers new tax cut to boost US economy August 20, 2019The US president confirms that a temporary payroll cut tax could be introduced.
- Kashmir: Pakistan to seek International Court of Justice ruling August 20, 2019It plans to take its dispute with India over the territory to to the International Court of Justice.
- Italy government crisis: PM Conte quits amid coalition row August 20, 2019Giuseppe Conte's resignation came after he accused his coalition partner of being "irresponsible".
- Gone with the Wind: Dozens of mattresses blown away in outdoor cinema mishap August 20, 2019Dozens of air mattresses end up gone with the wind before an outdoor movie night in Colorado.
- Julien Gauthier: Grizzly bear kills soundgathering musician August 20, 2019Julien Gauthier had planned to canoe down Canada's Mackenzie River to record sounds of nature.
- Robert De Niro's ex-aide sued for misusing funds and 'TV bingeing' August 20, 2019The actor's company claims the aide spent "astronomical amounts of time" watching Netflix at work.
- How Revel is taking on Uber and Lyft - Yahoo Sports August 20, 2019How Revel is taking on Uber and Lyft Yahoo SportsCars, bikes. scooters and now electric Mopeds. The latest shared mobility play is Revel which has a […]
- Side hustle: Lyft, private training sessions help Lansing Ignite players generate income - Lansing State Journal August 20, 2019Side hustle: Lyft, private training sessions help Lansing Ignite players generate income Lansing State JournalIn the U.S. sports landscape, soccer pl […]
- Megan McArdle: Uber, Lyft all we love, hate about capitalism - Oneonta Daily Star August 20, 2019Megan McArdle: Uber, Lyft all we love, hate about capitalism Oneonta Daily StarChances are, if you live in a city, Uber and Lyft have changed your li […]
- Is Uber's 'Forward Looking' Too Hazy For Investors? - Benzinga August 20, 2019Is Uber's 'Forward Looking' Too Hazy For Investors? BenzingaSince Uber Technologies Inc. (NYSE: UBER) went public in May 2019, journal […]
- Okanagan Mayors Ask Province to Reconsider Licence Requirements for Uber, Lyft Drivers - iPhone in Canada August 20, 2019Okanagan Mayors Ask Province to Reconsider Licence Requirements for Uber, Lyft Drivers iPhone in CanadaThe mayors have written a letter to the provin […]
- Lyft eyes new driver's center at Dallas' Love Field - Dallas News August 20, 2019Lyft eyes new driver's center at Dallas' Love Field Dallas NewsAn empty industrial building at the south end of Dallas' Love Field is […]
- These 3 Stocks May Be Near Bottom, and One May Get a 'Lyft' - TheStreet.com August 20, 2019These 3 Stocks May Be Near Bottom, and One May Get a 'Lyft' TheStreet.comIt's tough to find when a stock has hit the floor, so let […]
- How Does Lyft, Inc. (LYFT) Stack Up For Investors? - US Post News August 20, 2019How Does Lyft, Inc. (LYFT) Stack Up For Investors? US Post NewsOn Monday, shares of Lyft, Inc. (NASDAQ:LYFT) marked $51.68 per share versus a previou […]
- Uber and Lyft to Get No Limits on Fleet Size and Surge Pricing in B.C. - iPhone in Canada August 20, 2019Uber and Lyft to Get No Limits on Fleet Size and Surge Pricing in B.C. iPhone in CanadaRide haling apps Uber and Lyft etc will not have any restricti […]
- Thinking about trading options or stock in Apple, Baidu, Citigroup, Lyft, or Micron Technology? - GuruFocus.com August 20, 2019Thinking about trading options or stock in Apple, Baidu, Citigroup, Lyft, or Micron Technology? GuruFocus.comPR Newswire. NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2019. NE […]
Lyft was sliding Friday morning, down more than 5%, as ride-hailing rival Uber made its stock-market debut.
Uber on Thursday evening priced its initial public offering at $54 a share, giving it a valuation of $75.5 billion.
That’s well below the $120 billion valuation that Wall Street banks were floating in October.
Uber’s lowered valuation comes after Lyft has experienced a brutal six weeks as a publicly traded company.
Shares priced at $72, but put in a record low of $52.78 on Wednesday after the company’s underwhelming first-quarter results.
The sell-off in Lyft’s stock has been accompanied by looming worries about competition from Uber and the company’s uncertain path to profitability.
This video was produced by YT Wochit Business using http://wochit.com