- Hodan Nalayeh prize: Somalia to honour journalist murdered by al-Shabab July 16, 2019Hodan Nalayeh relocated to Somalia last year to help rebuild the country of her birth.
- India building collapse: Dozens trapped in south Mumbai July 16, 2019Rescuers are searching for people trapped in the four-storey building in India's financial capital.
- Pakistan reopens airspace after India standoff July 16, 2019Pakistan shut its airspace in February following tensions with India.
- Fresh Island festival: Croatia music event evacuated as fire breaks out July 16, 2019Tyga, Stefflon Don and Yxng Bane were among the acts due to perform.
- EU Commission head nominee von der Leyen urges 'green deal' July 16, 2019Germany's Ursula von der Leyen promises MEPs to aim to make the EU carbon neutral by 2050.
- Congresswomen hit back after Trump's tweets branded racist July 16, 2019The group attacked by the president in tweets widely called racist dismiss them as a distraction.
- New Zealand's Dunedin jokes about losing 'steepest street' title July 16, 2019First New Zealand lost the Cricket World Cup, now it no longer has the world's steepest street.
- Former football star shot dead in South Africa July 16, 2019South African former footballer Marc Batchelor is shot dead near his home in Johannesburg.
- El Salvador: Woman faces retrial after baby died in toilet birth July 16, 2019Evelyn Beatríz Hernández Cruz was originally given 30 years after being accused of aborting her baby.
- Congresswomen hit back in Trump race row July 16, 2019Four congresswomen dismiss the US president's defence of his controversial tweets.
- Ride share reroute at DIA creates learning curve for drivers, passengers - FOX 31 Denver July 16, 2019Ride share reroute at DIA creates learning curve for drivers, passengers FOX 31 DenverDENVER — Denver International Airport designated new areas for […]
- Uber and Lyft drivers were paid up to $100 to protest a bill that could make them employees - Los Angeles Times July 15, 2019Uber and Lyft drivers were paid up to $100 to protest a bill that could make them employees Los Angeles TimesUber, Lyft Ridership Pace Declines in NY […]
- NYC Blackout: Uber, Lyft Accused Of Price Gouging During Weekend Power Outage - CBS New York July 15, 2019NYC Blackout: Uber, Lyft Accused Of Price Gouging During Weekend Power Outage CBS New YorkAT-A-GLANCE. Cuomo Threatens To Strip Con Ed's License […]
- Mid-Day Volume Movers: Lyft, Inc. (NASDAQ:LYFT) - Stocks Equity July 15, 2019Mid-Day Volume Movers: Lyft, Inc. (NASDAQ:LYFT) Stocks EquityOn Monday's Current Session, Lyft, Inc. (NASDAQ:LYFT) closing at $64.79 price level […]
- Lyft partners with Metrolinx for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area - MassTransitMag.com July 15, 2019Lyft partners with Metrolinx for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area MassTransitMag.comLyft is working with Metrolinx to be the official rideshare […]
- TUESDAY DEADLINE: ROSEN, A TOP RANKED LAW FIRM, Reminds Lyft, Inc. Investors of July 16th Deadline in the Securities Class Action; Encourages Investors with Over $100K in Losses to Contact the Firm LYFT - Financialbuzz.com July 15, 2019TUESDAY DEADLINE: ROSEN, A TOP RANKED LAW FIRM, Reminds Lyft, Inc. Investors of July 16th Deadline in the Securities Class Action; Encourages Investor […]
- Lyft offering ride vouchers in La. to those affected by Barry - WAFB July 15, 2019Lyft offering ride vouchers in La. to those affected by Barry WAFBLyft is partnering with Louisiana United Way at 211 to provide a ride code for free […]
- Amazon Echo is half off on Prime Day: Here's what you can do with it - CNBC July 15, 2019Amazon Echo is half off on Prime Day: Here's what you can do with it CNBCAmazon is heavily discounting its Amazon Echo products for Prime Day, w […]
- Citi Bike expansion must include low-income neighborhoods, NYC pols say - Curbed NY July 15, 2019Citi Bike expansion must include low-income neighborhoods, NYC pols say Curbed NYIn a letter sent to the NYC Department of Transportation Monday morn […]
- Seattle shelter Mary's Place announces partnership with Lyft to provide free transportation services - KIRO Seattle July 15, 2019Seattle shelter Mary's Place announces partnership with Lyft to provide free transportation services KIRO SeattleSeattle-based shelter Mary […]
Our videos are made by the latest news in the world.
Do you enjoy the video? Find it helpful? Want to view more?
Why not subscribe our channel to save you searching next time http://bit.ly/2FRmyPR ?
Thank you so much!Check out the companies making headlines in midday trade Friday:
Uber- Shares of Uber were mostly down during its first hour of trading after going public on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday. Uber opened at $42 a share, lower than the $45 it was priced at on Thursday night.
Lyft- Shares of ride-sharing company tanked as much as 7% leading up to and after Uber’s initial public offering Friday. Lyft and Uber are the two most dominant companies in the ride sharing business. Lyft’s stock is down about 30% since its IPO at the end of March.
Apple- Apple’s stock fell 3% and was down as much as 9% for the week on Friday. The iPhone maker is viewed as particularly vulnerable to the recent escalation in the trade war given its dependence on China for production and sales.
Caterpillar- Shares of the construction company fell 2% amid the escalated trade tensions with China.
Marriott- Shares of the hotel company fell 5% following mixed first-quarter earnings released Friday. Marriott reported adjusted earnings per share of $1.41, beating the estimated $1.34, according to Refinitiv. Revenue was $5.01 billion, missing the expected $5.11 billion.
Yelp- Shares of recommendation website Yelp plummeted 13% Friday after the company gave weak second-quarter guidance a day earlier. Yelp said for the second quarter it estimates revenue will increase between 4% and 6%, lower than the expected increase of 6.6%, per Refinitiv.
Booking Holdings- The booking company jumped about 3% despite missing on the top and bottom lines in its first-quarter earnings after the bell Thursday. Booking Holdings reported earnings per share of $11.17 on revenue of of $2.84 billion. Wall Street estimated earnings per share of $11.27 on revenue of $2.93 billion, according to Refinitiv.
Zillow- Shares of the home-finder website surged 6% after posting better-than-expected first-quarter earnings Thursday. Zillow reported a loss of 33 cents per share, compared to the loss of 35 cents per share analysts were expecting per Refinitiv.
News Corp.- Shares jumped 4% on Friday after the company reported a surprise quarterly profit in its third quarter, driven by growth in book publishing. The company reported earnings per share of 4 cents on revenue of $2.46 billion. Wall Street estimated earnings per share of 0 cents on revenue of $2.51 billion, according to Refinitiv.
Equifax- Shares of Equifax fell 2% after the company missed on revenue in its first-quarter results. Revenue was $846.1 million, lower than the expected $848.9 million, according to Refinitiv. Earnings per share came in line with estimates at $1.20 per share.
contributed to this report.