- Billionaire Robert F Smith to pay entire US class's student debt May 19, 2019A US billionaire shocks graduating students in Atlanta by promising to pay off their student loans.
- Austin Eubanks: Columbine school shooting survivor found dead May 19, 2019Austin Eubanks, who became an advocate for fighting addiction, died at his Colorado home aged 37.
- Egypt explosion: Tourists on bus injured near Giza pyramids May 19, 2019At least 16 people are hurt near the Grand Egyptian Museum, South African tourists among them.
- Bomb targets tourist bus in Egypt May 19, 2019At least 16 people were hurt in the explosion near the Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza.
- Republican Justin Amash calls for Trump impeachment May 19, 2019Justin Amash is the first Republican congressman to call for the impeachment of the president.
- On-stage Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl disrupts Ghana music awards May 19, 2019The fight broke out when musician Shatta Wale mounted the stage after rival Stonebwoy was given a prize.
- India election 2019: Exit polls suggest Narendra Modi back as PM May 19, 2019Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party is seen on course to win the general election.
- Switzerland gun control: Voters back EU regulations May 19, 2019A referendum backs new gun restrictions, helping Switzerland avoid conflict with the European Union.
- Dutee Chand becomes first openly gay Indian athlete May 19, 2019Dutee Chand says she was encouraged to speak out after India decriminalised gay sex in 2018.
- Australian betting company pays out for wrong result May 19, 2019Australia's Sportsbet handed out A$1m to those betting on a Labor win, two days before the vote.
- LYFT IPO Date 2019: What Time is the Lyft IPO? LYFT Still Losing Money, Is There a Potential for the Future Growth and Profitability - Sun May 19 - TheOofy.com May 19, 2019LYFT IPO Date 2019: What Time is the Lyft IPO? LYFT Still Losing Money, Is There a Potential for the Future Growth and Profitability - Sun May 19 The […]
- Lyft reminds users of rules: Underage riders are not allowed to ride alone - KLAS-TV May 18, 2019Lyft reminds users of rules: Underage riders are not allowed to ride alone KLAS-TVFriday was a typical afternoon for Mike Greenfield: The part-time L […]
- ‘Sent Me Here For A Reason’: Lyft Driver Saves 86-Year-Old Woman When She Didn’t Show Up For Scheduled Ride - CBS Philly May 18, 2019‘Sent Me Here For A Reason’: Lyft Driver Saves 86-Year-Old Woman When She Didn’t Show Up For Scheduled Ride CBS PhillyPHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Lyft dri […]
- Local Uber/Lyft users react to new SC ride share legislation - WCBD News 2 May 18, 2019Local Uber/Lyft users react to new SC ride share legislation WCBD News 2CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) - Lowcountry Uber and Lyft riders and drivers are rea […]
- Lyft sued by investors over allegedly 'misleading' IPO statements - CNET May 18, 2019Lyft sued by investors over allegedly 'misleading' IPO statements CNETInvestors are suing for damages from the ride-hailing company, allegi […]
- Good Samaritan gifts new ride to Lyft driver whose car was stolen - WJXT News4JAX May 18, 2019Good Samaritan gifts new ride to Lyft driver whose car was stolen WJXT News4JAX A Jacksonville Lyft driver whose car was stolen was gifted a new car […]
- EQUITY ALERT: Rosen Law Firm Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Lyft, Inc.; Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100K to Contact the Firm – LYFT - Yahoo Finance May 17, 2019EQUITY ALERT: Rosen Law Firm Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Lyft, Inc.; Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $10 […]
- Uber, Lyft drivers coordinate to manipulate surge pricing at Virginia airport over pay concerns: Report - WTVD-TV May 17, 2019Uber, Lyft drivers coordinate to manipulate surge pricing at Virginia airport over pay concerns: Report WTVD-TVARLINGTON, Va. -- Ride-share drivers w […]
- Trump Mulling Putting Former Lyft Exec On Fed Board Because Who Wants To Cut Rates More Than Lyft Shareholders - Dealbreaker May 17, 2019Trump Mulling Putting Former Lyft Exec On Fed Board Because Who Wants To Cut Rates More Than Lyft Shareholders DealbreakerDonald Trump and his econom […]
- First Lyft Then Uber, Risky IPOs Just Are the Order of the Day Now - Yahoo Finance May 17, 2019First Lyft Then Uber, Risky IPOs Just Are the Order of the Day Now Yahoo FinanceOne big difference between this decade and the 1990s dot-com boom is […]
Our videos are made by the latest news in the world.
Do you enjoy the video? Find it helpful? Want to view more?
Why not subscribe our channel to save you searching next time http://bit.ly/2FRmyPR ?
Thank you so much!Check out the companies making headlines in midday trade Friday:
Uber- Shares of Uber were mostly down during its first hour of trading after going public on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday. Uber opened at $42 a share, lower than the $45 it was priced at on Thursday night.
Lyft- Shares of ride-sharing company tanked as much as 7% leading up to and after Uber’s initial public offering Friday. Lyft and Uber are the two most dominant companies in the ride sharing business. Lyft’s stock is down about 30% since its IPO at the end of March.
Apple- Apple’s stock fell 3% and was down as much as 9% for the week on Friday. The iPhone maker is viewed as particularly vulnerable to the recent escalation in the trade war given its dependence on China for production and sales.
Caterpillar- Shares of the construction company fell 2% amid the escalated trade tensions with China.
Marriott- Shares of the hotel company fell 5% following mixed first-quarter earnings released Friday. Marriott reported adjusted earnings per share of $1.41, beating the estimated $1.34, according to Refinitiv. Revenue was $5.01 billion, missing the expected $5.11 billion.
Yelp- Shares of recommendation website Yelp plummeted 13% Friday after the company gave weak second-quarter guidance a day earlier. Yelp said for the second quarter it estimates revenue will increase between 4% and 6%, lower than the expected increase of 6.6%, per Refinitiv.
Booking Holdings- The booking company jumped about 3% despite missing on the top and bottom lines in its first-quarter earnings after the bell Thursday. Booking Holdings reported earnings per share of $11.17 on revenue of of $2.84 billion. Wall Street estimated earnings per share of $11.27 on revenue of $2.93 billion, according to Refinitiv.
Zillow- Shares of the home-finder website surged 6% after posting better-than-expected first-quarter earnings Thursday. Zillow reported a loss of 33 cents per share, compared to the loss of 35 cents per share analysts were expecting per Refinitiv.
News Corp.- Shares jumped 4% on Friday after the company reported a surprise quarterly profit in its third quarter, driven by growth in book publishing. The company reported earnings per share of 4 cents on revenue of $2.46 billion. Wall Street estimated earnings per share of 0 cents on revenue of $2.51 billion, according to Refinitiv.
Equifax- Shares of Equifax fell 2% after the company missed on revenue in its first-quarter results. Revenue was $846.1 million, lower than the expected $848.9 million, according to Refinitiv. Earnings per share came in line with estimates at $1.20 per share.
contributed to this report.